Another week has come and gone, and we are already into APRIL! This was my second week of training for the Vermont City Marathon.
Here was what I had planned for this week:
- OTF X 3
- CorePower Yoga X 3
- Run 10 miles
- Lose some body fat
- Do UVA Speed Clinic remedial exercises DAILY
And here’s what I did…
- 5 mile walk commute in my Vivobarefoot shoes.
- Corepower Yoga Sculpt. I’m a little addicted to this class.
- 4 mile run + Orangetheory endurance day. Back at it folks! My legs felt great, with none of those pesky calve issues I struggled with last week. I got 18 splat points and burned 572 calories during class.
- 5 mile walk commute.
- Rest day.
- 4.5 mile run + Orangetheory power day. Had to take a detour on the way to class because a few roads were blocked, so my run was a bit longer than normal. This was a partner workout and let’s just say neither the workout nor my partner were my favorite, and I spent most of the class on the rower. I ended up with only 7 splat points.
- Walk to the dentist and back (getting in some movement during “The Other 23 Hours”).
- 4.5 mile run + Orangetheory ESP day. This was a great speed workout with blocks for endurance, strength, and power. I got 12 splat points and burned 534 calories during class.
- 3 mile run.
- Gardening at the Washington Youth Garden. Hoeing is a serious workout! Lots of whole body movement — twisting, squatting, etc. Felt great but I was seriously worn out after! The other volunteers and garden employees were really cool, and I am excited to make this a more regular thing.
- Lots of other walking.
- I had intended to do my 10 mile run on Sunday, but I had a family obligation in the morning. By the time I got home from that, I was beyond tired. I had some big things planned for the coming week (including a Sunday-night trip to Charlottesville for work), so I didn’t want to start behind on sleep. I took a nap on the couch instead of running.
My eating was pretty good this week, so I am hopeful that I’ve cut some fat during the past month, even if not the two percent goal I had set (which I think would have required some serious eating discipline). One of the biggest changes I’ve made is really focusing on not snacking all evening and un-doing all the healthy eating I’ve done during the day. And of course I had like a million Sweetgreen salads — my faves. For workouts, I met my OTF goal, but I missed my long run and my Corepower goal. Oh, and I definitely didn’t do my Speed Clinic workouts every day. I need to figure out how to better fit them into my schedule, so they become habit…
Do you have a set of stretches or workouts you do every day? How do you get them integrated into your schedule? Do you have some kind of reminder system?