Welcome! This blog documents my journey to run a marathon in each of the 50 states, plus home sweet DC. I share race recaps and reviews, thoughts on products and workouts, training and nutrition tips, and more.
- To see the most recent posts, go Home.
- For a map of my progress and plans for the future, click here.
- For race recaps and updates, check out Races.
- The main contents of this blog — training updates and plans, (vegetarian) recipes, my favorite products, and other thoughts — are under Lifestyle.
- Products, services, and fitness classes I’ve tested out are under “Test Runs.”
- Some favorite running routes in DC are available under DC Running.
- Podcast Reviews, a page in progress, profiles some podcasts I’ve tried and a bunch more I’ve heard great things about and am planning to test out.
For more frequent updates and occasional photos of my awesome dog, follow me on Instagram @athlettuce!
Opinions expressed on this blog are my own based on my own experiences and sometimes things I read on the internet or heard on a podcast. I am not a doctor, a certified trainer, a physical therapist, or a nutritionist. I try to give my most candid thoughts in reviews and recaps, but keep in mind that these are just my impressions and reflect my personal preferences. Whether a race or a product is my favorite, or not so much, I am so grateful to the running community, volunteers, and race directors for this sport.